What To Expect
Upon your arrival at our office, you will be greeted by our receptionist. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
Dr. Flanagan will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of treatment himself.
The purpose of the initial examination is to answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- 3D digital image of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Dr. Flanagan uses these records to diagnose and formulate the best treatment plan for the patient.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options during the initial exam if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, 3D digital image of your teeth and patient photographs
- A personalized treatment plan to meet your needs created by Dr. Flanagan
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign. Your investment includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee on a per visit basis.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
- We offer retainer replacement programs for retainers that can significantly reduce or eliminate the cost of replacement retainers.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice, which may include extraction of teeth, cosmetic dental work, jaw surgery, etc.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we cannot accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.